Doctor of Education in Secondary and Middle Grades
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Ed.D. in Secondary and Middle Grades Education is designed for candidates who
possess a clear renewable (or comparable) T-5 certificate and hold a master’s degree
in a PSC recognized area of certification. Through this program candidates develop
the knowledge, skills and dispositions to serve as learner-centered specialists engaging
in scholarly inquiry and research. Through the cognate and electives they deepen their
expertise in a chosen area of study. This program of study thus provides the skills
necessary to synthesize theory and practice through further examination of theoretically
based curriculum development, understanding of global education issues, and inquiry
into making education equitable, democratic, humane, and socially just. The Ed.S.
in Middle Grades is fully embedded in the Ed.D. program. Those students who complete
the Ed.S. in Middle Grades at Kennesaw State may apply their entire program of study
to the Ed.D. Those students who have completed their Ed.S. at another institution
will be eligible to have their transcripts analyzed and can possibly receive up to
21 hours credit toward the Ed.D.
We offer an Ed.D. in Middle Grades Education in Language Arts, Mathematics, and Social
- Online Graduate Application (See Note above)- There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the
institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- An earned Master's degree in professional education or a related field.
- Clear Renewable Georgia Teaching Certificate - You must hold certification in middle or secondary education in the concentration
in which you are applying for. To print a copy of your Georgia clear, renewable certificate,
you may log onto www.gapsc.com.
- Personal Statement and Research Analysis Task - Can be uploaded into the online application. The applicant will provide the personal
statement and the research analysis of the article selected from the recommended list
in his/her area of content expertise following the instructions in the Ed.D. Personal Statement and Research Analysis Task (Download list of pdf articles - Urban Legend, ENED-1, ENED-2 and ENED-3).
- Professional Resume - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should document your education, years of teaching experience, current school and
district, volunteer and service activities in which you have participated, and any
leadership involvement. Resume MUST reflect at least THREE years of professional teaching or administrative experience prior to admission consideration.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
This program accepts applications in Fall, Spring and Summer; the deadlines are:
Please submit all application materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Their
contact information, including mailing address, can be found here.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
Graduate Programs in Education
Program Office: 470-578-6043 or email@example.com
Program Website: https://bagwell.kennesaw.edu/degrees-programs/