Master of Education in Teacher Leadership
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Masters in Teacher Leadership (M.Ed.) at Kennesaw State University is a professional
degree program for currently practicing educators. The program is a thirty-six (36)
hour program, and is delivered in an “online” format.
The Master’s Degree in Teacher Leadership is designed to improve the practice of classroom
educators while preparing them for many possible professional futures. The degree
is conceptualized as the “ultimate grade chair” degree, but one opening many doors
beyond that role. Candidates who wish to pursue more formalized leadership positions
(such as assistant principal or principal) will leave the program eligible to hold
non-renewable leadership certification (NPL) and eligible to enter an EDS program
in Educational Leadership without completing an additional six (6) hour leadership
pre-service. Additionally, should candidates elect to remain in an instructional
role, they may choose to pursue EDS degrees in curriculum & instruction, instructional
technology, or many other fields.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the
institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clear Renewable Georgia Teaching Certificate - To print a copy of your Georgia clear, renewable certificate, you may log onto www.gapsc.com.
- Mentor Form: This program requires that you have a qualified mentor who meets the GaPSC Mentor
requirements at each phase in your program. You can find the mentor requirements and
- Personal Reflections Statement - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should be 1-2 pages and address your professional training and interest, educational
beliefs, professional goals, and why you seek to pursue your degree at KSU.
- Resume or Professional Vitae - Can be uploaded into the online application. Resume or Professional Vitae - Resume MUST reflect at least ONE year of professional teaching or administrative experience prior to admission consideration.
- Two Letters of Recommendation - Two Professional Recommendations - Please use the online recommendation system to
have your recommendation form sent electronically from sources that can address your
success in teaching, ability for success in graduate study, and commitment to learners.
- Employment - Candidates are required to be employed as teachers or administrators in a traditional
public school district, a charter school district, a charter school, or an independent
school. By PSC regulation, candidates must be referred for admissions by their respective
schools/districts, and Kennesaw State University must hold a Performance-Based partnership
with the referring district. For a list of partners, click here.
- Interview - An interview may be required. If so, you will be contacted by the program to set up