Master of Arts in Art and Design
The M.A. in Art and Design is a graduate degree that affords a 100% online pathway
for students seeking professional growth and advancement in one of three individual
tracks. Sharing a common foundational core, students can specialize in Digital Animation,
Art Education, or Museum Studies. This degree has been forged to support acknowledged
areas of growth and demand spanning education and industry, helping prepare graduates
to meet employer demands of the 21st Century.
With a focus on technology, workforce development and arts leadership, Kennesaw State
University will prepare leaders in artistic industries through embodied professional
practice and pedagogy, as well as local and global engagement. Students will advance
expertise in their chosen content, explore greater understanding of how to utilize
technology in Art and Design, and engage in rigorous examination of creativity and
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the
institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to email@example.com.
- Grade Point Average (GPA) - Bachelor’s degree with a minimum GPA of 2.75 in any related field including but
not limited to: art, design, animation, education, history, art history, classical
studies, archeology, or anthropology. Applicants with relevant experience are welcome
- Letter of Application (Upload into the online application) - Should be in the form of a narrative which
describes your education, relevant experience, and/or professional background, your
future goals, and how admission into the MA in Art and Design program at Kennesaw
State University will help you accomplish these goals. The letter should be specific
to the program and should be 2 double-spaced pages in length.
- Art and/or Writing Sample, relevant to concentration (Upload into the online application).
- Digital Animation: A demo reel of animation or related work (illustration, sequential art, etc.) between
thirty and sixty seconds in length. The content of the demo reel can be related to
any undergraduate (or graduate-level) academic coursework and/or any professional
- Art Education: 5-10 pieces of art (any medium or modality) and a 1-page teaching philosophy.
- Museum Studies: One 5 to 10-page writing sample. This may take the form of a class research paper,
capstone, or thesis, or publication.
- Letters of Recommendation (OPTIONAL) concerning your academic and/or professional preparation for the MA in Art and Design
program at KSU.
- Additional concentration-specific materials (OPTIONAL) – (i.e. digital media items, samples of artwork, additional writing samples).