EDS in Secondary and Middle Grades Education
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Ed.S. in Secondary and Middle Grades Education is designed for candidates who
have already earned an M.Ed. in Secondary or Middle Grades Education or a related
field and wish to continue graduate study in order to enhance their expertise and
improve their practice. Candidates will develop in-depth knowledge and skills to implement
in their classrooms and schools in ways that advance all students’ rights to an education
that supports social and economic justice and academic success. Courses focusing on
technology, learner-centered curriculum and instruction, learners and families from
diverse backgrounds, and critical pedagogy that will aid candidates in meeting these
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the
institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clear Renewable Georgia Teaching Certificate - To print a copy of your Georgia clear, renewable certificate, you may log onto www.gapsc.com.
- Personal Statement and Research Analysis Task - Can be uploaded into the online application. The applicant will provide the personal
statement and the research analysis of the article selected from the recommended list
in his/her area of content expertise following the instructions in the Ed.S. Personal Statement and Research Analysis Task.
- Resume or Professional Vitae - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should document your education, years of teaching experience, current school and district,
volunteer and service activities in which you have participated, and any leadership
involvement. Resume MUST reflect at least THREE years of professional teaching or administrative experience prior to admission consideration.
- Interview - Interviews are not being required at this time.