APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
In addition to meeting admission requirements, incoming students will also need to satisfy the foundation requirements for the MBA programs in one of the following two manners:
By having completed the following undergraduate courses (or their equivalents) with a grade of “C” or better:
- Financial Accounting (ACCT 2100)
- Managerial Accounting (ACCT 2200)
- Principles of Finance (FIN 3100)
- Business Statistics (ECON 2300)
By completing the appropriate prerequisite modules in the areas of Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Corporate Finance, and Business Statistics. If admitted to the program, instructions will be provided for purchasing and completing the necessary modules. The cost is $200 per module.
This program reviews applications for Fall and Spring only; Fall deadline is July 1; Spring deadline is November 1.
This program also features a mandatory on-site, two-day orientation. Orientation for fall 2020 entrants will be held August 7th - 8th, 2020 in Atlanta, Georgia. We will notify admitted students if this orientation moves to a virtual format due to COVID-19.
Effective April 1st, 2020: In light of the uncertainty created by COVID-19, applicants for fall 2020 admission will not be asked to take the GMAT or GRE exam. Fall 2020 applicants will be evaluated for admission based solely on the competitiveness of their combination of GPA and full-time professional experience.
Note: Any official standardized test scores submitted to KSU will still be considered by the department. This policy is not retroactive, and admissions decisions made using previously submitted official test scores remain in place.
REQUIREMENTS TO BE CONSIDERED FOR ADMISSION
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH college and/or university you have attended. Transcripts must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resume - Professional resume especially emphasizing your work-related accomplishments. May be uploaded into the online application. In addition to meeting other admission requirements, the WebMBA program requires a minimum of two years of full-time, professional experience.
- Two Letters of Recommendation - Must be from professional references. May be sent electronically through the online application.
- Personal Statement – This item is encouraged, not required. This may be uploaded into the online application. In 500 words or less, please explain your desire to earn an MBA, what contributions you would bring to the program, and your strategy for success in the classes.
GMAT Score Report - Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU.
GMAT Alternative Evaluation
Applicants may request an alternative evaluation for the GMAT* test score requirement based on the following criteria:
1. The applicant has already earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution or its equivalent in the case of students applying with an international education background.
2. The applicant has at least five years of full-time professional experience demonstrating progressive responsibilities in leadership, management, personnel supervision, financial management, information technology or data analysis.
3. The applicant has at least three years of full-time professional experience with a 3.25 undergraduate GPA.**
4. The applicant has a 3.5 undergraduate GPA** in a business degree from Kennesaw State University or another AACSB accredited institution, or an ABET accredited engineering degree from a regionally accredited institution.
*The KSU MBA program will accept GRE scores, but a GMAT score is highly recommended. If at any point before you enroll in the KSU MBA program you submit an official GMAT or GRE score to KSU, any test alternative granted will no longer be valid. The submitted GMAT or GRE score will then be used for your admissions decision.
**The KSU MBA program will use your undergraduate institutional GPA from where you earned a bachelor’s degree or the GPA from your last 60 undergraduate credit hours (whichever is higher) for the GMAT alternative and admissions decision.
If you would like to be considered for the test alternative, please check the corresponding box on your application for admission. Once your paid application, all official transcripts, and your resume have been received, a decision will be made regarding your request for the GMAT alternative. We will communicate with you if a GMAT score is necessary for us to consider your candidacy.
*Active Duty members of the U.S. military and veterans of the U.S. Military who have been honorably or generally discharged will have their application fee waived. Submission of the DD214 or CAC is required.
If you have any questions, please email KSUMBA@Kennesaw.edu.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
Admissions and Advising Coordinator: Ellen Hearn, EHearn1@kennesaw.edu
Program Office: 470-578-4471
Program Website: https://coles.kennesaw.edu/mba/webmba/overview.php