International Policy Management
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Master of Science in International Policy Management (MSIPM) is a cohort-based online degree program that builds on Kennesaw State University’s strong tradition and long-standing commitment to international education.
The program develops employment-relevant skills designed to help graduates secure satisfying careers in today’s competitive global environment. Program courses encourage students to think about how political, social, and economic forces interact to shape international policy processes. They also impart to students the skills necessary to analyze policy dynamics and effectively communicate their understanding to an array of professional audiences. Finally, the study abroad experience provides students an opportunity to see how course material applies in “real world” policy settings.
The MSIPM program is appropriate for students from a range of backgrounds, whether one is a recent college graduate or a mid-career professional. Online delivery provides the flexibility to complete coursework from virtually anywhere. And the cohort model promotes a collaborative, supportive, interactive learning environment that research demonstrates leads to better outcomes
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
New cohorts begin each Fall semester. The application deadline for admission is July 1(deadlines here)
Please note that the online application must be completed and all required materials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to email@example.com.
- Statement of Intent – The letter should address the applicant’s educational and/or professional background, future goals, and how admission into the MSIPM program will help the applicant accomplish these goals. (Upload to the online application)
- Writing Samples - The writing sample (3-5 pages) should demonstrate the candidate’s critical thinking and analytical reasoning. The sample can be an academic paper or a piece of professional writing. (Upload to the online application)
- Two Letters of Recommendation – The letters should describe in detail the candidate’s qualifications, motivations, and prospects for success in graduate school. Academic references are preferred, but professional references can be substituted. (Upload electronically through online application)
GRE Score Report* - Request scores be sent electronically to KSU (school code 5359). No department code is necessary. GMAT and or LSAT scores are also considered. A GRE waiver can be requested by applicants who satisfy one or more of the following:
- A cumulative undergraduate GPA of a 3.3 or higher as demonstrated on an academic transcript; or,
- A returned Peace Corps Volunteer (RPCV); or,
- A Master's (or other advanced degree from an accredited college or university.
Graduate Record Exam (GRE) - Due to unprecedented circumstances associated with the COVID-19 crisis, the GRE requirement is being waived for all MSIPM applicants seeking Fall 2021 admission.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
Program Director: Dr. Tom Doleys
Program Office: 470-578-6497; firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Website: http://chss.kennesaw.edu/msipm/