ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Each graduate of the construction management graduate program should be able to:
1. Prepare bids and estimates for construction projects.
2. Prepare construction schedule and manage project risks.
3. Carry-out project management related tasks.
4. Conduct research and disseminate findings through publications.
5. Pursue advanced degree programs.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
This program accepts applications in Fall, Spring and Summer; the deadlines are:
Fall June 1; Spring November 1; Summer April 1.
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Undergraduate GPA of 2.75 or better on a 4.0 scale
- GRE Score Report - Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU (school code 5359). No
department code is necessary. Minimum score of 291 (combined verbal & quantitative).
GMAT Score Report - Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU. Minimum 500 score.
GRE or GMAT Alternative
Applicants may request an alternative evaluation for the GRE/GMAT test score requirement based on meeting one of the following criteria:
1. The applicant has at least ten years of full-time construction professional experience demonstrating progressive responsibilities in estimation, scheduling, project controls, project management or leadership positions.
2. The applicant has at least a 3.25 undergraduate GPA and at least five years of full-time construction professional experience demonstrating progressive responsibilities in estimation, scheduling, project controls, project management or leadership positions.
3. The applicant has at least a 3.5 undergraduate GPA in a construction related degree from Kennesaw State University or another ACCE accredited institution, or in an ABET accredited engineering degree from a regionally accredited institution.
4. The applicant has already earned a graduate degree from an institution regionally accredited at the time of degree conferral, or its equivalent in the case of students applying with an international education background.
If you would like to be considered for the test alternative, please check the corresponding box on your application for admission.
Note: Meeting one of the criteria above allows the candidate to request a GRE/GMAT alternative, but it does not guarantee that the alternative to the GRE/GMAT test score requirement will be granted. Final decision is at the discretion of KSU Construction Management graduate program administration.
- Application Letter (Can be uploaded into the online application) - Should state your interest and goals for the MS and the potential use of the degree.
- Resume - (Can be uploaded into the online application)
- Letters of Recommendation (3) (Can be sent electronically through the online application) - completed by supervisors, professors, or professional colleagues, one of which must be from the current supervisor.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
Program Coordinator: Dr. Pavankumar Meadati; (470) 578-4217; email@example.com
Program Office: (470) 578-4215; firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Website: cacm.kennesaw.edu/constructionmanagement/index.php