Master of Science in Applied Statistics
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Master of Science in Applied Statistics (MSAS) Program at Kennesaw State University is a professional degree program which seeks to prepare a diverse student body to utilize cutting-edge statistical methods to draw valid and meaningful inferences from business, industry, government and health services data. Using a variety of commercial software, graduates are expected to analyze real-world data appropriately and communicate their findings effectively.
The MSAS degree is a 22-month early evening program designed for professionals or students with undergraduate degrees in the sciences or business.
An emphasis of the MSAS program is in applied statistical methods used in industry and government for process and quality improvement. A key focus is the continuous training and practice using Six Sigma methodology of process improvement. These techniques are in demand in industry due to the cost savings typically resulting from process improvement activities. Upon completion of program, students will be able to:
- Apply appropriate statistical methods to solve problems
- Analyze data using several statistical packages
- Identify opportunities for quality and productivity improvement
- Establish process control systems
- Lead problem-solving teams
- Communicate project results orally and in writing
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
The deadline for application to this program is March 1.
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- This program reviews applications for Fall semesters only. Fall 2018 application deadline is March 1, 2018.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to email@example.com.
- GRE Score Report - Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU (school code 5359). No department code is necessary.
- Resume - Can be uploaded into the online application.
- Completion of Calculus I & Calculus II (Preferable before application deadline).
- Statement of Personal Goals (Optional) - Can be uploaded into the online application.
- Letters of Recommendation (Optional) - Can be sent electronically through the online application.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION