Master of Education in Teacher Leadership
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Masters in Teacher Leadership (M.Ed.) at Kennesaw State University is a professional degree program for currently practicing educators. The program is a thirty-six (36) hour program, and is delivered in an “online” format.
The Master’s Degree in Teacher Leadership is designed to improve the practice of classroom educators while preparing them for many possible professional futures. The degree is conceptualized as the “ultimate grade chair” degree, but one opening many doors beyond that role. Candidates who wish to pursue more formalized leadership positions (such as assistant principal or principal) will leave the program eligible to hold non-renewable leadership certification (NPL) and eligible to enter an EDS program in Educational Leadership without completing an additional six (6) hour leadership preservice. Additionally, should candidates elect to remain in an instructional role, they may choose to pursue EDS degrees in curriculum & instruction, instructional technology, or many other fields.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
This Program accepts applications for Summer Only; Summer deadline is April 1.
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clear Renewable Georgia Teaching Certificate - To print a copy of your Georgia clear, renewable certificate, you may log onto www.gapsc.com.
- Personal Reflections Statement - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should be 1-2 pages and address your professional training and interest, educational beliefs, professional goals, and why you seek to pursue your degree at KSU.
- Resume or Professional Vitae - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should document your education, years of teaching experience, current school and district, volunteer and service activities in which you have participated, and any leadership involvement. Resume MUST reflect at least THREE years of professional teaching or administrative experience prior to admission consideration.
- Two Letters of Recommendation - Please do NOT use the online recommendation system. Your letters should be on letterhead and from sources that can address your success in teaching, ability for success in graduate study, and commitment to learners.
- Employment - Candidates are required to by employed as teachers or administrators in a traditional public school district, a charter school district, a charter school, or an independent school. By PSC regulation, candidates must be referred for admissions by their respective schools/districts, and Kennesaw State University must hold a Performance-Based partnership with the referring district. For a list of partners, click here.
- Interview - An interview may be required. If so, you will be contacted by the program to set up an interview.
Please submit all application materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Their contact information, including mailing address, can be found here.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION