Independent & Charter School Leadership Certificate
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This program will prepare students for the numerous roles and responsibilities of school administration at independent and charter schools. The Independent and Charter School Certificate provides an opportunity for students to engage in field-based experiential learning activities related to independent and charter school leadership. Courses focus on financial management, strategic planning, institutional advancement, governance, operations, and infrastructures. The program concludes with a capstone project based on real-world, job-embedded field-based needs of independent and charter schools. This is a 12-hour certificate program and can be completed in as few as 2 semesters.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
This program reviews applications for the Fall, Spring and Summer semesters. All application requirements must be submitted by the following deadlines:
- Fall – July 1st
- Spring – November 1st
- Summer – April 1st
See the complete list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to email@example.com.
- Evaluation Form - Can be sent electronically. Please use the online recommendation system to have your evaluation form sent electronically.
You may also find a paper copy the evaluation form here.
- Any paper evaluation forms must be submitted directly from the evaluator or in a sealed envelope from the applicant.
- Resume or Professional Vitae - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should document your education, years of teaching experience, current school and district, volunteer and service activities in which you have participated, and any leadership involvement. Resume MUST reflect at least TWO years of professional teaching or administrative experience prior to admission consideration. Candidates must be employed in a professional role in an organization providing educational services, such as a school, regional educational service agency, or department of education.