Education Specialist in Teacher Leadership
THIS PROGRAM IS NOT ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR ANY TERM
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
In addition to earning advanced degrees in discipline areas, the GaPSC has identified three fields for educators to upgrade their certification; teacher leadership is one such area. The purpose of the Teacher Leadership Program standards is to prepare classroom teachers to develop as leaders in their schools and school systems resulting in a Service (S) certificate in Teacher Leadership.
The EDS in Teacher Leadership provides degree candidates with nine (9) credit hours of “pure” leadership coursework. Additionally, candidates acquire another nine (9) hours in coursework designed to assist them in leading professional learning, technology initiatives, and supervise other educators. Candidates complete their program with a three (3) hour residency project, requiring them to work with a site-based team implementing a meaningful leadership-oriented project within their school. Importantly, the degree prepares candidates for a variety of career choices.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
This Program accepts applications for Summer Only; Summer deadline is April 1.
- This program is currently not enrolling for Summer 2020.
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to email@example.com.
- GRE Score Report (General Test)- Scores must be from within the last 5 years. Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU (school code 5359). No department code is necessary.
- Clear Renewable Georgia Teaching Certificate - To print a copy of your Georgia clear, renewable certificate, you may log onto www.gapsc.com.
- Personal Reflections Statement - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should be 1-2 pages and address your professional training and interest, educational beliefs, professional goals, and why you seek to pursue your degree at KSU.
- Resume or Professional Vitae - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should document your education, years of teaching experience, current school and district, volunteer and service activities in which you have participated, and any leadership involvement. Resume MUST reflect at least THREE years of professional teaching or administrative experience prior to admission consideration.
- Two Letters of Recommendation - Please do NOT use the online recommendation system. Your letters should be on letterhead and from sources that can address your success in teaching, ability for success in graduate study, and commitment to learners.
- Employment - Candidates are required to by employed as teachers or administrators in a traditional public school district, a charter school district, a charter school, or an independent school. By PSC regulation, candidates must be referred for admissions by their respective schools/districts, and Kennesaw State University must hold a Performance-Based partnership with the referring district. For a list of partners, click here.
- Interview - An interview may be required. If so, you will be contacted by the program to set up an interview.
Please submit all application materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Their contact information, including mailing address, can be found here.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION