Education Specialist in Secondary Education
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Ed.S. in Secondary Education is designed for candidates who have already earned an M.Ed. in Secondary Education or a related field and wish to continue graduate study in order to enhance their expertise and improve their practice. Candidates will develop in-depth knowledge and skills to implement in their classrooms and schools in ways that advance all students’ rights to an education that supports social and economic justice and academic success. Courses focusing on technology, learner-centered curriculum and instruction, learners and families from diverse backgrounds, and critical pedagogy will aid candidates in meeting these crucial needs. Successful graduates of the Ed.S. at Kennesaw State University may apply their entire program of study to the Ed.D. in Secondary Education.
We offer an Ed.S. in Secondary Education in History, Mathematics, Chemistry, and English.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
This program accepts applications in Fall and Summer; the deadlines are:
Fall - July 1; Summer - April 1.
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GRE (General Test) or MAT Score Report - Scores must be within the last 5 years. Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU (school code 5359). No department
code is necessary.
GRE/MAT Waiver From - Download form here.
- Clear Renewable Georgia Teaching Certificate - To print a copy of your Georgia clear, renewable certificate, you may log onto www.gapsc.com.
- Research Response & Analysis (Writing Sample) - Can be uploaded into the online application. The applicant will select from a list of recent research articles in their area of content expertise and provide a 3-5 page written response to the article. Please see the Research Response and Analysis Prompt for the specific instructions. (Download list of pdf articles - Urban Legend, ENED-1, ENED-2 and ENED-3).
- Resume or Professional Vitae - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should document your education, years of teaching experience, current school and district, volunteer and service activities in which you have participated, and any leadership involvement. Resume MUST reflect at least THREE years of professional teaching or administrative experience prior to admission consideration.
- Interview - An interview may be required. If so, you will be contacted by the program to set up an interview.
Please submit all application materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Their contact information, including mailing address, can be found here.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION