Dual Degree Program: Master of Public Administration & Master of Business Administration
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Prepare to lead in a career that spans the public and private sectors with an MBA-MPA dual degree from Kennesaw State University’s Coles College of Business and College of Humanities and Social Sciences. This unique dual degree program meets the needs of business and civic-minded professionals working in government, public organizations, corporations, and private firms.
The MBA-MPA consists of 51 hours of graduate study, with 27 hours in the area of business administration and 24 hours in the area of public administration. Students are required to take the core courses for both the MBA and MPA programs, along with one elective from the MBA program and one elective from the MPA program.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
The program accepts applications for Fall, Spring and Summer; the deadline for Fall is July 1; for Spring November 1; for Summer July 1.
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
You must file a new application for this program IF you are already enrolled in one of the programs that are part of the Dual Degree system and have already completed two semesters of that degree.
In addition to meeting admission requirements, incoming students will also need to satisfy the foundation requirements for the MBA programs in one of the following two manners:
By having completed the following undergraduate courses (or their equivalents) with a grade of “C” or better:
- Financial Accounting (ACCT 2100)
- Managerial Accounting (ACCT 2200)
- Principles of Finance (FIN 3100)
- Business Statistics (ECON 2300)
By completing the appropriate prerequisite modules in the areas of Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Corporate Finance, and Business Statistics. If admitted to the program, instructions will be provided for purchasing and completing the necessary modules. The cost is $200 per module.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to email@example.com.
- GRE Score Report - Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU (school code 5359). No department
code is necessary.
GMAT Score Report - Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU.
- Application Letter - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should state your interest and goals for the MPA and the potential use of the degree.
- Resume - Can be uploaded into the online application.
- Two Letters of Recommendation - Can be sent electronically through the online application.
GMAT Alternative Evaluation
Applicants may request an alternative evaluation for the GMAT* test score requirement based on the following criteria:
1. The applicant has already earned a graduate degree from a regionally accredited institution or its equivalent in the case of students applying with an international education background.
2. The applicant has at least five years of full-time professional experience demonstrating progressive responsibilities in leadership, management, personnel supervision, financial management, information technology or data analysis.
3. The applicant has at least three years of full-time professional experience with a 3.25 undergraduate GPA.**
4. The applicant has a 3.5 undergraduate GPA** in a business degree from Kennesaw State University or another AACSB accredited institution, or in an engineering degree from a regionally accredited institution.
*The KSU MBA program will accept GRE scores, but a GMAT score is highly recommended. If at any point before you enroll in the KSU MBA program you submit an official GMAT or GRE score to KSU, any test alternative granted will no longer be valid. The submitted GMAT or GRE score will then be used for your admissions decision.
**The KSU MBA program will use your undergraduate institutional GPA from where you earned a bachelor’s degree or the GPA from your last 60 undergraduate credit hours (whichever is higher) for the GMAT alternative and admissions decision.
If you would like to be considered for the test alternative, please check the corresponding box on your application for admission. Once your paid application, all official transcripts, and your resume have been received, a decision will be made regarding your request for the GMAT alternative. We will communicate with you if a GMAT score is necessary for us to consider your candidacy.
If you have any questions, please email KSUMBA@Kennesaw.edu.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION