Dual Master’s Degree in Public Administration & Integrated Global Communication
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Master of Public Administration/Master of Arts in Integrated Global Communication
(MPA/MAIGC) Program is a dual degree offered at KSU. Students will earn two master's
degrees in three years, both in Public Administration and Integrated Global Communication.
The program is aimed at students interested in serving as communications professionals
in the government and nonprofit sectors. The public’s demand for information about
the actions of public sector organizations, especially in emergency situations, requires
professionals to be well versed in how governments operate and to communicate effectively
with different audiences. This dual degree program combines preparation in public
management and communication theory and practice to make graduates competitive in
the growing public communication field.
The MPA-MAIGC is a dual degree program consisting of 54 credit hours, of which 24 hours are in public administration and 24 hours are in global communication. Students are also required to complete 6 credit hours of electives.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
This program accepts applications for the Fall semester only. The application deadline is June 1st.
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Online Graduate Application -There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GRE, MAT, GMAT or LSAT - Scores from a standardized graduate admission test. Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU’S Office of Graduate Admissions (school code 5359).
- Statement of Purpose - Essay of approximately 1,000 words addressing the following question, “In what way do you expect the Master of Public Administration – Master of Arts in Integrated Global Communication dual degree to affect or enhance your career goals and aspirations?”.
- Resume – Can be uploaded into the online application.
- Letters of recommendation (2) - Should be from faculty or work supervisors with direct knowledge of the applicant that address the applicant’s potential for graduate study and use of an MPA-MAIGC dual degree.