ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The MSCS offers excellent curriculum that blends theoretic foundations of computer science with the state-of-the-art computing technologies. The program provides students with opportunities in computer science research, advanced project development and interdisciplinary study, with maximum of flexibility in study plans and class attendance options.
1. Curriculum featuring state-of-the-art computing technologies:
- Mobile computing, mobile app development, wireless networking
- Game design and development, modeling, and simulation
- Database, data warehousing, and data mining
- Cloud computing, high performance computing, distributed computing
- Computing security
2. Three degree models
- Thesis model
- Non-thesis model
- Interdisciplinary CS model
3. Full time/part time study plans and flexible class attendance options
4. Closely working with faculty in research and project development
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
This program accepts applications in Fall, Spring and Summer; the deadlines are:
Fall July 1; Spring November 1; Summer April 1.
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to email@example.com.
- GRE Score Report - Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU (school code 5359). No department code is necessary.
Please note: The below GRE Alternatives are available for this program. These alternatives are listed on the application and you will be able to select one or more when completing the application. By choosing one of these options, you are requesting that you not be required to submit a GRE score. Choosing one of these on the application does NOT guarantee an alternative will be granted. The program will review all requests as they are submitted.
1. The applicant has at least 10 years of work experience in a computer science related field.
2. The applicant has an undergraduate GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- Resume - (Can be uploaded into the online application) - Should detail the following: successful
completion of required undergraduate coursework; performance on previous computer
science coursework; certificates of attainment in computer-
related training/self-study programs; accomplishments in professional activities; and relevant work experience.
- Letters of Recommendation (2) - (Can be sent electronically through the online application)
- Statement of Purpose
- Successful applicants will have coursework covering at least 7 of the following areas:
Data Structures, Computer Organization & Architecture, Operating Systems, Software Development, Database, Data Communications or Networking, Calculus (including limits and sequences), Discrete Modeling or Linear Algebra, and Probability and Statistics.
- Evidence of competency in programming in Java and at least one other programming language. This requirement can be met by grades of A or B in appropriate coursework and/or submission of representative programs.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION