Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) in Analytics and Data Science
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Kennesaw State University's Ph.D. in Analytics and Data Science is an advanced degree which has been developed to meet the market demand for Data Scientists.
This degree will train individuals to translate large, structured and unstructured, complex datasets into information to improve decision making. This curriculum includes heavy emphasis on programming, data mining, statistical modeling, and the mathematical foundations to support these concepts. Importantly, the program also emphasizes communication skills - both oral and written - as well as application and tying results to business and research problems.
Because this degree is a Ph.D., it creates flexibility. Graduates can either pursue a position in the private or public sector as a "practicing" Data Scientist - where continued demand is expected to greatly outpace the supply - or pursue a position within academia, where they would be uniquely qualified to teach these skills to the next generation.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to email@example.com.
- GRE Score Report - Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU (school code 5359). No department code is necessary. Minimum Quantitative score is 160.
- Resume - Can be uploaded into the online application.
- Statement of how this degree facilitates your career goals - Can be uploaded into the online application.
- Three Letters of Recommendation - Can be sent electronically through the online application.
- At least one must be from an academic source.
- At least one must be from a source outside of the academic community.
- Successful completion of Math courses through Calculus II
- Base SAS Certification preferred
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION