Master of Social Work
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Master of Social Work (MSW) program is designed to prepare students for entry-level professional practice in social work. Upon graduation, students are eligible to take the Licensed Master of Social Work (LMSW) exam, and they may also pursue further clinical supervision requirements to become a Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW). The MSW program offers specializations in Children and Family Services and Behavioral Health Services, with a subspecialty in substance abuse. The KSU MSW program is fully accredited by the Council on Social Work Education through February 2021.
The MSW program at KSU offers a full time program of study with a focus in clinical practice. Students may choose to focus on one of two specialization areas: 1) Children and Family Services, or 2) Behavioral Health Services. Students who select the Behavioral Health Services specialization can choose a sub-specialty in Addiction Treatment Services. The program consists of four academic semesters (two years) of 60 credit hours with 48 of these credit hours spent in the classroom and 12 in supervised field practicum sites located throughout the metropolitan Atlanta area. It should be noted that the MSW Program does not offer Advanced Standing.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to email@example.com.
- GRE Score Report - Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU (school code 5359). No department code is necessary.
- Autobiographical Narrative - Can be uploaded into the online application. Maximum 1500 words, double-spaced, that includes the following:
- Your experience in social work, including volunteer experience.
- Your life experiences that impacted your interest in social work.
- Your personal qualities that will be useful in serving others as a social work professional.
- Your values that will be useful in serving others as a social worker.
- Your career goals and how social work education will help you realize these goals.
- Resume (optional) - Can be uploaded into the online application.
- Three Letters of Recommendation - Please use the online recommendation system within the Graduate Application. Recommendations should be academic or work related.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
Program Director: D. Alan Kirk
Program Office: 470-578-6630; firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Website: http://wellstarcollege.kennesaw.edu/swhs/master-social-work/index.php