Dual Degree - Master of Social Work & Master of Business Administration
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Master of Social Work and Master of Business Administration (MSW/MBA) Program is a dual degree offered by the WellStar College of Health and Human Service and the Coles College of Business Administration to meet this need. The objective of the dual degree program is to create future leaders and change agents who create “social value” by focusing on the triple-bottom line and initiate purposeful “social change.” The competencies acquired through the dual degrees will be sought after by Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) units in companies, Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs), and large managed care organizations (behavioral and physical health) to name a few. Additionally, graduates can also launch their own social entrepreneurial ventures, social enterprises and private practices. Hence, graduates can be employed by organizations in all three sectors (private, nonprofit and public).
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
See the list of available start terms and doucment deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitte by the posted deadline.
You must file a new application for this program IF you are already enrolled in one of the programs that are part of the Dual Degree systerm and have already completed two semesters of that degree.
1. Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
2. Bachelor’s Degree (The baccalaureate degree should be from an institution accredited in a manner accepted by Kennesaw State University). The bachelor’s degree should reflect a broad liberal arts base in the social, behavioral or psychological sciences, human biology, the humanities or statistics.
3. Applicants to the dual degree program (MSW/MBA) can submit either a GRE or a GMAT score. Please refer to the program website for details.
4. A professional resume.
5. Three letters of recommendation: At least one (1) from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's academic work (Note: if you are unable to locate an academic reference, you may add a professional reference); Two (2)from a former employer, field supervisor or someone else with expertise in social work.
6. A personal statement for MBA application describing your career aspirations.
7. An autobiographical statement for the MSW application, maximum 1500 words, double-spaced, that includes the following: Your experience in social work, including volunteer experience, the life experiences impacted your interest in social work, your personal qualities that will be useful in serving others as a social work professional, your values that will be useful in serving others as a social worker, your career goals and how social work education will help you realize these goals
8. A GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale over the last 60 hours of undergraduate study, as indicated on official college or university transcript received directly from the degree-granting institution. Course work from all two and four year institutions should be submitted directly by the institutions.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
Program Director: Dr. Monica Nandan
Program Office: 470/578-6630; firstname.lastname@example.org