Dual Degree - Master of Social Work & Master of Business Administration
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Master of Social Work and Master of Business Administration (MSW/MBA) Program is a dual degree offered by the WellStar College of Health and Human Service and the Coles College of Business Administration to meet this need. The objective of the dual degree program is to create future leaders and change agents who create “social value” by focusing on the triple-bottom line and initiate purposeful “social change.” The competencies acquired through the dual degrees will be sought after by Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) units in companies, Employee Assistance Programs (EAPs), and large managed care organizations (behavioral and physical health) to name a few. Additionally, graduates can also launch their own social entrepreneurial ventures, social enterprises and private practices. Hence, graduates can be employed by organizations in all three sectors (private, nonprofit and public).
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
You must file a new application for this program IF you are already enrolled in one of the programs that are part of the Dual Degree system and have already completed two semesters of that degree.
In addition to meeting admission requirements, incoming students will also need to satisfy the foundation requirements for the MBA programs in one of the following two manners:
By having completed the following undergraduate courses (or their equivalents) with a grade of “C” or better:
- Financial Accounting (ACCT 2100)
- Managerial Accounting (ACCT 2200)
- Principles of Finance (FIN 3100)
- Business Statistics (ECON 2300)
By completing the appropriate prerequisite modules in the areas of Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Corporate Finance, and Business Statistics. If admitted to the program, instructions will be provided for purchasing and completing the necessary modules. The cost is $200 per module.
1. Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- This program only reviews applications for Summer semesters.
2. Bachelor’s Degree (The baccalaureate degree should be from an institution accredited in a manner accepted by Kennesaw State University). The bachelor’s degree should reflect a broad liberal arts base in the social, behavioral or psychological sciences, human biology, the humanities or statistics.
3. Applicants to the dual degree program (MSW/MBA) can submit either a GRE or a GMAT score. Please refer to the program website for details.
4. A professional resume.
5. Three letters of recommendation: At least one (1) from a faculty member familiar with the applicant's academic work (Note: if you are unable to locate an academic reference, you may add a professional reference); Two (2) from a former employer, field supervisor or someone else with expertise in social work.
6. A personal statement for the MBA application describing your career aspirations.
7. An autobiographical statement for the MSW application, maximum 1500 words, double-spaced, that includes the following: Your experience in social work, including volunteer experience, the life experiences that have impacted your interest in social work, your personal qualities that will be useful in serving others as a social work professional, your values that will be useful in serving others as a social worker, your career goals and how social work education will help you realize these goals.
8. A GPA of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale over the last 60 hours of undergraduate study, as indicated on official college or university transcript received directly from the degree-granting institution. Course work from all two and four year institutions should be submitted directly by the institutions.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
Program Director: Dr. Monica Nandan
Program Office: 470/578-6630; firstname.lastname@example.org