Master of Science in Nursing - Primary Care Nurse Practitioner
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The WellStar MSN Primary Care Nurse Practitioner is a professional degree which prepares experienced Registered Nurses to sit for certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner. The program builds on the background of professional nurses to prepare them to function as primary care givers in the emerging collaborative world of healthcare.
Housed in the WellStar College of Health & Human Services, the Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) Nurse Practitioner Program maintains close community ties with a variety of healthcare agencies. A heavy emphasis is placed upon precepted clinical experiences.
The WellStar MSN Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Program is a 40 semester hour course of study which consists of three components:
- 14 credit hours of core classes
- 8 credit hours of primary care area of concentration
- 18 credit hours of residency
Please note: All classes are offered in an alternate weekend schedule.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to email@example.com.
- GRE Score Report - Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU (school code 5359). No department code is necessary.
- Statement of Personal Goals - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should not exceed one page.
- Copy of your Current RN License in the State of Georgia
- Resume - Can be uploaded into the online application. Documenting at least three years full-time professional experience in nursing, which must have occurred within the last five years.
- Two Letters of Recommendation - Can be sent electronically through the online application.
- Undergraduate Courses in physical assessment, research, and statistics documented on transcripts.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
Program Director: Jennifer Dawkins
Program Office: 470-578-2163; firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Website: http://wellstarcollege.kennesaw.edu/nursing/master-science-nursing/primary-nurse-practitioner.php