Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
Applicants to the Master of Science Program with a major in Mechanical Engineering must submit the following to the Admissions Office no later than the published deadline date for the semester in which the applicant plans to enroll:
- Official transcript to be sent from each college or university attended.
- An official copy of scores from the “General Test” of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) if applicable, or have attained an aggregate undergraduate GPA of 3.5 or have a minimum of 4 years’ relevant work experience or have successfully completed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam.
- At least two (2) recommendations by former or current supervisors, professors, or professional colleagues,
- A 1 – 2 page Statement of Purpose describing your career and educational goals, and
- A current resume.
International students should consult the graduate admission website for additional requirements.
Graduate applicants shall have the following qualifications.
- An undergraduate degree in engineering, engineering technology, computer science, physical science, or other technically oriented major from an accredited college or university. Interested students from other disciplines may be admitted to the program, but may be required to complete additional courses.
- A minimum undergraduate grade point average of 3.0 (on the 4.0 scale) or its equivalent. Applicants with a GPA of 2.75 or better may be considered with strong work experience and letters of reference.
- Official GRE scores meeting the current admission profile: 150 (450 on old scale) Verbal and 148 (600 on old scale) Quantitative. Applicants with lower scores may be accepted provisionally requiring additional preparatory course work.
The Mechanical Engineering Program Coordinator in conjunction with the graduate admissions committee determines the student admission status.
- Full Graduate students have met all the criteria shown above.
- Provisional Graduate students are graduate students who have not fully met the above criteria. They are limited to designated courses, either graduate or undergraduate, during which they will be evaluated to determine their likelihood of success. Provisional students are not guaranteed full graduate status.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GRE Score Report - Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU (school code 5359). Official
GRE scores OR alternative: You must submit an official copy of scores from the “General
Test” of the Graduate Record Examination (GRE) if applicable:
- or have attained an aggregate undergraduate GPA of 3.5
- or have a minimum of 4 years’ relevant work experience
- or have successfully completed the Fundamentals of Engineering exam.
- Resume/Vita - (Can be uploaded into the online application)
- Letters of Recommendation (3) - (Can be sent electronically through the online application)
- Statement of Purpose - (Can be uploaded into the online application)
For questions about the MS in Mechanical Engineering, please contact the Program Coordinator:
Dr. Mohammed Mayeed
Phone: (470) 578-7835