Master of Science in Integrative Biology
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Integrative Biology is an emerging paradigm identified by the National Academy of Sciences. Because biological systems are so complex, solving life science problems requires linking concepts and information between disciplines and organizational scales. The curriculum of Kennesaw State's Master of Science degree in Integrative Biology (MSIB) advances understanding by providing integrative courses and experiences specifically designed to foster connections across the life sciences spectrum. This approach prepares our students as scientists well-equipped to address pressing issues in the biosciences.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Prior to final submission of materials for application, successful candidates will typically have conversed with (via email, telephone, or in person) at least one tenure-track faculty member in one of the Biology Departments (Department of Molecular and Cellular Biology or Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Organismal Biology) concerning potential thesis research projects and the willingness of the faculty member to accept graduate students.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GRE Score Report - Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU (school code 5359). No department code is necessary.
- Statement of Interests - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should indicate research area of interest, KSU faculty member that could potentially supervise research within your area of interest, career goals, and background information that may be relevant to succeeding in the MSIB program.
- Two Letters of Recommendation - Can be sent electronically through the online application. Should be from persons familiar with the applicant's potential to complete successful graduate work.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION