Master of Science in First-Year Studies
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Master of Science in First-Year Studies (MSFYS) is a fully online graduate program that encompasses the theory and study of factors affecting the initial college experience, including foundations of students' transitional experiences and research on various programs that promote a successful transition. Grounded in decades of research, this is the only graduate degree program dedicated to the discipline of first-year studies.
Through an innovative curriculum, students in the MSFYS graduate program develop skills and knowledge needed to create and manage curricular and co-curricular programs, and engage in research that extends the collective understanding of first-year and transition studies. The MSFYS program is designed for anyone interested in working with or teaching first-year college students, including residence hall directors, academic advisors, teaching staff, faculty, and administrators.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GRE Score Report - Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU (school code 5359). No department code is necessary.
- Resume - Can be uploaded into the online application.
- Application Letter - Can be uploaded into the online application.
- Two Letters of Recommendation - Can be sent electronically through the online application.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
Program Director: Dr. Stephanie M. Foote
Program Office: 470-578-2471; email@example.com
Program Website: http://uc.kennesaw.edu/fyts/programs/ms-first-year/