WE ARE NOT TAKING APPLICATIONS FOR THIS PROGRAM AT THIS TIME. CHECK BACK REGULARLY FOR FUTURE UPDATES. THANK YOU.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Master of Science (M.S.) in Architecture is a nonprofessional academic degree program that offers the opportunity for advanced study and research in specialized subfields of architecture. The program is intended to accompany and enhance degrees related to the built environment and provide a basis for diverse career paths including practice, research, teaching, consulting and entry into a Ph.D. level program.
The ideal student candidate is a critical thinker who is intensely curious about the built environment, is committed to positive change, ecologically sensitive design and who is not afraid to the take risks and to push the design envelope. While a prior degree in Architecture is not required, applicants must demonstrate relevant background and experience, as well as capabilities for undertaking advanced academic study. All students are required to submit a portfolio demonstrating graphic competency and design thinking skills.
The program is 36 credits taken over three semesters (Fall, Spring, Fall). The M.S. Architecture program provides graduates with the knowledge and leadership skills necessary for a successful career in two concentrations: Technology of Architecture and Urbanism.
All students entering the program take a common core composed of two seminar courses, each designed to enhance research and critical thinking skills. Students also take a set of courses specific to their concentration that includes either a research or design thesis.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to email@example.com.
- GRE Score Report - Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU (school code 5359). No department code is necessary.
- Statement of Purpose (Can be uploaded into the online application) - A concise narrative of student’s design or research interest (2 pages).
- Design Portfolio - (Can be uploaded into the online application) Applicants coming from design disciplines (15 pages in pdf format).
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
Program Director: Dr. Anthony Rizzuto
Program Office: 678-915-7253
Program Website: http://cacm.kennesaw.edu/architecture/programs/master-science-architecture.php