Master of Education in TESOL
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
This fully online M.Ed. in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) program enrolls a new cohort of experienced general education teachers each summer. It is structured so cohort candidates complete the 36 credit-hour master’s degree program in six semesters (two years).
No on-campus attendance is required. Online coursework is taught by graduate faculty utilizing technology to provide synchronous and/or asynchronous content delivery, feedback, and supervision as candidates complete field experience at their current work setting.
This advanced program prepares teachers to educate an increasingly diverse population of students in Georgia through inclusive practices. The program of study in TESOL focuses on teaching students who are culturally and linguistically diverse in inclusive environments. The program includes core courses in curriculum development, collaborative practices and content area teaching strategies in reading and writing. Individuals majoring in TESOL receive the ESOL Endorsement after the first 2 semesters in the program. The M.Ed. in TESOL has been approved by the Georgia Professional Standards Commission and is fully accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to email@example.com.
- Clear Renewable Georgia Teaching Certificate - To print a copy of your Georgia clear, renewable certificate, you may log onto www.gapsc.com.
- Personal Statement - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should be 1-2 pages and address your professional training and interests, the nature of your professional experiences, and specific issues you plan to address during the pursuit of your Masters degree.
- Personal Resume - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should document education, teaching experience, and your record of leadership.
- Two Letters of Recommendation - Please do NOT use the online recommendation system. Your letters should be on letterhead and from sources that can address your success in teaching, ability for success in graduate study, and commitment to adolescent learners.
- Interview - An interview may be required. Candidates will be contacted by the program if an interview is needed.
Please submit all application materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Their contact information, including mailing address, can be found here.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
Graduate Programs in Education
Program Office: 470-578-6043 or GradEd@kennesaw.edu
Program Website: http://bagwell.kennesaw.edu/majors-programs/masters-degrees/master-education/med-tesol-education/