Master of Education in Middle Grades Education
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Master of Education degree program in Middle Grades Education prepares middle grades teachers to be expert teacher-leaders. It is a content focused, standards based program which meets the Georgia Professional Standards Commission standards for the degree and is fully accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), now the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
Course work emphasizes scholarly rigor through research and engagement in a variety of field-based action research projects. Technology and multicultural considerations are infused throughout the program. This Masters program does not lead to Middle Grades Certification. Persons interested in adding Middle Grades certification areas should contact the Professional Standards Commission for guidance in meeting specific certification requirements.
We offer an M.Ed. in Middle Grades Education in Language Arts, Mathematics, Science, and Social Studies.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
This Program accepts applications for Fall and Summer Only; Fall deadline is July 1; Summer deadline is April 1.
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clear Renewable Georgia Teaching Certificate - You must hold certification in Middle Grades Education in the concentration you are applying for. To print a copy of your Georgia clear, renewable certificate, you may log onto www.gapsc.com.
- Personal Statement - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should be 1-2 pages and describe your beliefs about education at the middle grades level and your professional goals relative to the Master of Education in Middle Grades Education.
- Resume or Professional Vitae - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should document your education, years of teaching experience, current school and district, volunteer and service activities in which you have participated, and any leadership involvement.
- Two Letters of Recommendation - Can be sent electronically through the online application. Recommendations must come from a Principal, an Assistant Principal, or a Teacher Administrator such as a Grade-Level Chair, Instructional Lead Teacher, or University faculty member or administrator.
Please submit all application materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Their contact information, including mailing address, can be found here.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
Graduate Programs in Education
Program Office: 470-578-6043 or GradEd@kennesaw.edu
Program Websites: Middle Grades Language Arts, Middle Grades Mathematics, Middle Grades Science, and Middle Grades Social Studies