Master of Education in Instructional Technology
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Master’s Degree in Instructional Technology prepares candidates to serve as technology coaches/facilitators in P-12 schools. Candidates who successfully complete the program are prepared to effectively utilize technology to support student learning of content; to teach technology applications, and to provide professional development, mentoring, and basic technical assistance for other teachers who require support in their efforts to apply technology to support P-12 student learning.
The Master’s Degree in Instructional Technology prepares and develops teachers to direct school improvement toward higher levels of student achievement through the use of technology. It is designed for participants who have a T-4 Teaching Certificate. This program enables experienced teachers to complete the Master’s program in six semesters. Candidates will complete 36 hours of specialized course work taught by full and part-time graduate faculty and experienced technology specialists. The program will be delivered in cohorts offered in an online format.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
This program accepts applications in Fall, Spring and Summer; the deadlines are:
Fall July 1; Spring November 1; Summer April 1.
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clear Renewable Georgia Teaching Certificate OR Departmentally Approved Equivalent - To print a copy of your Georgia clear, renewable certificate, you may log onto www.gapsc.com.
- Personal Resume - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should include: statement of purpose, education, teaching experience, volunteer and service accomplishments, and record of leadership activities. Your resume MUST reflect at least ONE year of teaching experience prior to admission consideration.
- Evaluation Form - Should be from a school level administrator. You can download the evaluation form here.
- Mentor Form - Must be from a current administrator, Instructional Lead Teacher, Instructional Technology Specialist, teacher, etc. at the building or district levels with instructional technology knowledge and experience. You can download the mentor form here.
Please submit all application materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Their contact information, including mailing address, can be found here.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
Graduate Programs in Education
Program Office: 470-578-6043 or GradEd@kennesaw.edu
Program Website: http://bagwell.kennesaw.edu/majors-programs/masters-degrees/master-education/med-instructional-technology/