Master of Education in Educational Leadership
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Master's Degree (M.Ed.) in Educational Leadership provides candidates with the content knowledge necessary to meet PSC requirements for Tier I Educational Leadership certification. It is a thirty-six (36) hour program that offers four elective options: (1) Coaching for Performance Option (PSC approved endorsement); (2) Leading in Urban Schools Option; (3) Leading Independent and Charter Schools Option; or (4) Technology for Leadership Option.
The program is highly professionally oriented, and candidates for the program are expected to currently be employed in an organization providing professional educational services (e.g., school, regional educational service agency, department of education). Field activities incorporate practical and theoretical knowledge necessary for today’s educational leader.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GRE or MAT Score Report - Scores must be within the last 5 years. Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU (school code 5359). No department code is necessary.
- Resume or Professional Vitae - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should document your education, years of teaching experience, current school and district, volunteer and service activities in which you have participated, and any leadership involvement. Resume MUST reflect at least TWO years of professional teaching or administrative experience prior to admission consideration.
- Mentor Form - You can find the mentor form with instructions here.
- Evaluation Form - You can find the evaluation form here.
- Employment - Candidates must be employed in a professional role in an organization providing educational services, such as a school, regional educational service agency, or department of education.
Please submit all application materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Their contact information, including mailing address, can be found here.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
Graduate Programs in Education
Program Office: 470-578-6043 or GradEd@kennesaw.edu
Program Website: http://bagwell.kennesaw.edu/majors-programs/masters-degrees/master-education/med-educational-leadership/