Master of Education in Early Childhood Education
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The M.Ed. in Early Childhood Education is designed for candidates who are already certified Early Childhood Education teachers who wish to continue to learn more about the Early Childhood Education field and improve their practice. The program allows certified teachers in Elementary Education (P-5) to earn their M.Ed. in 13 months while continuing their teaching career.
The program is offered online only. Each cohort is supported by a cohort coordinator as well as graduate faculty who mentor the candidates and facilitate program delivery. The program of study schedule is designed to coincide with the public school calendar and is provided in advance so teachers can coordinate educational and personal commitments with program requirements.
The program is four semesters (13 months) beginning one summer and concluding the next. Students will take 3 courses ( 3 credit hours each, 9 total) each of the four semesters (12 courses, 36 hours total). For detailed information, please consult our M.Ed. FAQs.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Clear Renewable Georgia Teaching Certificate - You must hold certification in Early Childhood or Elementary Education to be considered for this program. To print a copy of your Georgia clear, renewable certificate, you may log onto www.gapsc.com.
- Two Letters of Recommendation - MUST be sent electronically through the online application. These two forms of recommendation MUST come from a Principal, an Assistant Principal, or a Teacher Administrator; such as a Grade-Level Chair or Instructional Lead Teacher OR University Faculty members/Administrators.
- Personal Profile - Please see this form for instructions on the Personal Profile.
- Personal Statement - Can be uploaded into the online application. Please see this form for instructions on the Personal Statement.
- Letter of Commitment - Please see this form for instructions on the Letter of Commitment.
Please submit all application materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Their contact information, including mailing address, can be found here.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
Graduate Programs in Education
Program Office: 470-578-6043 or GradEd@kennesaw.edu
Program Website: http://bagwell.kennesaw.edu/majors-programs/masters-degrees/master-education/med-early-childhood-education/