Integrated Global Communication
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
At Kennesaw State University, we're preparing a new generation of leaders in globally integrated organizations. The M.A. in Integrated Global Communication is an innovative and contemporary program designed for communication professionals who appreciate how economically interdependent and socially interconnected the world is today.
Market share, mind share and competitive positioning are vital ingredients for organizational success. Achieving these goals on a global scale requires special knowledge and skills to effectively communicate shared meanings across countries and regions with diverse cultural, political, and economic characteristics. Global communication refers to the information flow that transcends national boundaries, that is mindful of organizational goals and objectives while being sensitive to peoples of different cultures and races, and that recognizes political and economic differences among global organizational stakeholders.
The M.A. in Integrated Global Communication at Kennesaw State University is a professional-oriented, 30-hour, four semester graduate program that features:
- The only global communication masters program in the Southeast
- A location in one of the nation's most vibrant global business and media centers
- An innovative curriculum that offers a balance of theory and skills important for a professional masters program
- A cohort model that builds collaboration and leadership skills
- A summer international experience where students will be immersed in foreign cultures, study global organizations or attend classes at a foreign institution
- A capstone experience that features either a professional project or individual research thesis project
Classes are scheduled at 6:30 p.m. on weeknights. New cohorts begin each Fall semester. Full or part-time enrollment permitted.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Online Graduate Application -There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to email@example.com.
- GRE Score Report - Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU (school code 5359). No department code is necessary.
- Letter of Application (Can be uploaded into the online application) - Should state the importance of M.A. in Integrated Global Communications in achieving your career goals.
- Essay (Can be uploaded into the online application) - Why does global communication interest you? Provide a brief statement addressing the formation of your multicultural or global interests and a description of tentative plans for research (specific problems or general areas) in the MAIGC program. (500 words)
- Resume (Can be uploaded into the online application)
- Letters of Recommendation (3) (Can be sent electronically through the online application) - Should be academic and at least one from professional
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
Program Director: Dr. Joshua Azriel
Program Office: 470-578-4900; firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Website: http://www.kennesaw.edu/maigc/