Education Specialist in Elementary and Early Childhood Education
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Ed.S. in Elementary and Early Childhood Education is designed for candidates who have already earned an M.Ed. in Elementary and Early Childhood Education or a related field and wish to continue graduate study in order to enhance their expertise and improve their practice. Candidates will develop in-depth knowledge and skills to implement in their classrooms and schools that advance all students’ rights to an education, support social and economic justice, and support academic success. Courses focusing on technology, learner-centered curriculum and instruction, learners and families from diverse backgrounds, and critical pedagogy will aid candidates in meeting these crucial needs. Successful graduates of the Ed.S. at Kennesaw State University may apply their entire program of study to the Ed.D. in Elementary and Early Childhood Education.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GRE Score Report (General Test)- Scores must be from within the last 5 years. Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU (school code 5359). No department code is necessary.
- Clear Renewable Georgia Teaching Certificate - To print a copy of your Georgia clear, renewable certificate, you may log onto www.gapsc.com.
- Personal Reflections Statement - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should be 1-2 pages and address your professional training and interest, educational beliefs, professional goals, and why you seek to pursue your degree at KSU.
- Resume or Professional Vitae - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should document your education, years of teaching experience, current school and district, volunteer and service activities in which you participated, and any leadership involvement. Resume MUST reflect at least THREE years of professional teaching or administrative experience prior to admission consideration.
- Interview - An interview may be required. If so, you will be contacted by the program to set up an interview.
Please submit all application materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Their contact information, including mailing address, can be found here.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
Graduate Programs in Education
Program Office: 470-578-6043 or GradEd@kennesaw.edu
Program Website: http://bagwell.kennesaw.edu/majors-programs/specialist-degrees/eds-elementary-and-early-childhood-education/