Education Specialist in Curriculum and Instruction
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Educational Specialist (Ed.S.) in Curriculum & Instruction program is designed for experienced educators who hold a T-5 certificate (or comparable out-of-state) or higher. The intent of the Educational Specialist (Ed.S.) in Curriculum & Instruction program is to extend/enhance skills reflected in the educator's previously awarded teaching certificate field. Through this program experienced educators develop the knowledge, skills and dispositions to serve as curriculum specialists in their field. They do so by completing 12 hours of advanced pedagogical coursework applied to content in their teaching area of certification. Furthermore, they develop their research skills to conduct field research in the areas of curriculum, instruction and instructional program evaluation.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to email@example.com.
- Clear Renewable Georgia Teaching Certificate - To print a copy of your Georgia clear, renewable certificate, you may log onto www.gapsc.com.
- Mentor Form - Please use this form. This should be from a current administrator at the building or district level with knowledge or experience in Educational Leadership/Administration or Curriculum & Instruction
- Personal Reflections Statement - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should be 1-2 pages and address your professional training and interest, educational beliefs, professional goals, and why you seek to pursue your degree at KSU.
- Resume or Professional Vitae - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should document your education, years of teaching experience, current school and district, volunteer and service activities in which you have participated, and any leadership involvement. Resume MUST reflect at least THREE years of professional teaching or administrative experience prior to admission consideration.
- Two Letters of Recommendation - Please do NOT use the online recommendation system. Please have your recommenders use this form. Your recommenders should be from sources that can address your success in teaching, ability for success in graduate study, and commitment to learners.
- Interview - An interview may be required. If so, you will be contacted by the program to set up an interview.
Please submit all application materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Their contact information, including mailing address, can be found here.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
Graduate Programs in Education
Program Office: 470-578-6043 or GradEd@kennesaw.edu
Program Website: http://bagwell.kennesaw.edu/majors-programs/specialist-degrees/eds-curriculum-instruction/