Doctor of Education in Educational Leadership
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Doctorate (EdD) in Educational Leadership for Learning is a post-master’s professional degree program for qualified candidates who wish to pursue the terminal degree in Educational Leadership. The program is designed to further develop experienced leaders in the areas of school improvement, strategic planning and institutional development, and other areas of critical need for the twenty-first century. The EdD program is designed to build candidates’ critical understanding and expert use of transformational and distributed leadership skills as a means to develop integrated professionals who are both globally-minded thought leaders and successful educational leaders, prepared to actively and knowledgeably engage within institutional contexts of constant challenge and innovation. Candidates critically review and robustly construct knowledge in educational policy, data analysis, educational planning in conjunction with educational theory, through discourse-rich coursework and field-centered projects. The knowledge and application of research in general and in the specific form of a dissertation is an integral component of the doctoral program experience. Candidates are prepared to lead change and develop organizations to effectively succeed in a global educational context.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- GRE Score Report (General Test)- Scores must be within the last 5 years. Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU (school code 5359). No department code is necessary.
- Clear Renewable Georgia Teaching Certificate - you MUST hold a PL6 or L6 certification PRIOR to admission consideration. To print a copy of your Georgia clear, renewable certificate, you may log onto www.gapsc.com.
- Resume or Professional Vitae - Can be uploaded into the online application.
- Professional Reflections Statement - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should be 1-2 pages and address your professional leadership training and interest, educational beliefs, professional goals, and why you seek to pursue your degree at KSU.
- Interview - An interview may be required. If so, you will be contacted by the program to set up an interview.
- Current full-time employment as a professional educator with at least five years of teaching and/or administrative experience in P-12 education.
Please submit all application materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Their contact information, including mailing address, can be found here.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
Graduate Programs in Education
Program Office: 470-578-6043 or GradEd@kennesaw.edu
Program Website: http://bagwell.kennesaw.edu/majors-programs/doctoral-degrees/edd-leadership-learning/