Dual Degree Program: Master of Science in Information Systems and Master of Business Administration
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Acquire valuable skills necessary to be a technology leader in tomorrow’s global business environment. The Coles College MBA-MSIS brings business strategy to technology projects and technological innovation to business challenges. By blending best business practices and strategic technology skills, students acquire the knowledge necessary to become qualified and capable leaders for cutting-edge global organizations.
Courses are delivered at times and locations which are convenient for the working professional. MBA courses are offered at both our Kennesaw Campus (one night a week, starting at 5pm or 8pm) and at the Coles College facilities at the Cobb Galleria complex (one night a week, starting at 6pm). IF courses are offered on the Kennesaw Campus.
The Coles College MBA-MSIS consists of 51 hours of graduate study, including 27 hours of business administration courses and 24 hours of information systems courses. Students are required to take the core courses from both the MBA and MSIS programs, plus one elective MBA course.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
The program accepts applications for Fall, Spring and Summer; the deadline for Fall is July 1; for Spring November 1; for Summer July 1.
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
You must file a new application for this program IF you are already enrolled in one of the programs that are part of the Dual Degree system and have already completed two semesters of that degree.
In addition to meeting admission requirements, incoming students will also need to satisfy the foundation requirements for the MBA programs in one of the following two manners:
By having completed the following undergraduate courses (or their equivalents) with a grade of “C” or better:
- Financial Accounting (ACCT 2100)
- Managerial Accounting (ACCT 2200)
- Principles of Finance (FIN 3100)
- Business Statistics (ECON 2300)
By completing the appropriate prerequisite modules in the areas of Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Corporate Finance, and Business Statistics. If admitted to the program, instructions will be provided for purchasing and completing the necessary modules. The cost is $200 per module.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to email@example.com.
- GRE Score Report - Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU (school code 5359). No department
code is necessary.
GMAT Score Report - Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU.
- Resume - Can be uploaded into the online application.
- Letters of Recommendation (Optional) - Can be sent electronically through the online application.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION