Dual Degree Program: Master of Public Administration & Master of Business Administration
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Prepare to lead in a career that spans the public and private sectors with an MBA-MPA dual degree from Kennesaw State University’s Coles College of Business and College of Humanities and Social Sciences. This unique dual degree program meets the needs of business and civic-minded professionals working in government, public organizations, corporations, and private firms.
The MBA-MPA consists of 51 hours of graduate study, with 27 hours in the area of business administration and 24 hours in the area of public administration. Students are required to take the core courses for both the MBA and MPA programs, along with one elective from the MBA program and one elective from the MPA program.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
The program accepts applications for Fall, Spring and Summer; the deadline for Fall is July 1; for Spring November 1; for Summer July 1.
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
You must file a new application for this program IF you are already enrolled in one of the programs that are part of the Dual Degree system and have already completed two semesters of that degree.
In addition to meeting admission requirements, incoming students will also need to satisfy the foundation requirements for the MBA programs in one of the following two manners:
By having completed the following undergraduate courses (or their equivalents) with a grade of “C” or better:
- Financial Accounting (ACCT 2100)
- Managerial Accounting (ACCT 2200)
- Principles of Finance (FIN 3100)
- Business Statistics (ECON 2300)
By completing the appropriate prerequisite modules in the areas of Financial Accounting, Managerial Accounting, Corporate Finance, and Business Statistics. If admitted to the program, instructions will be provided for purchasing and completing the necessary modules. The cost is $200 per module.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to email@example.com.
- GRE Score Report - Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU (school code 5359). No department
code is necessary.
GMAT Score Report - Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU.
- Application Letter - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should state your interest and goals for the MPA and the potential use of the degree.
- Resume - Can be uploaded into the online application.
- Two Letters of Recommendation - Can be sent electronically through the online application.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION