Doctor of Nursing Science
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Doctor of Nursing Science (DNS), accredited by SACS, is designed to prepare nurse educators and scholars for leadership roles in nursing education, health policy related to vulnerable populations, and applied research. The graduate will function as a nurse leader with expertise in nursing and healthcare phenomena related to evidence-based practice, the investigative skills of an applied researcher, and the leadership skills for influencing health care systems, particularly related to population-based health disparities. The curriculum focuses on nursing education and health policy within the context of health disparities and population based health care. Coursework will prepare the graduate to evaluate and influence nursing practice and health care delivery systems and to educate the next generation of nurses through various faculty roles.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- Transcripts - Official transcripts from EACH College and/or University you have attended. Must be in a sealed envelope from the institution or sent electronically from the institution directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Should reflect a Masters degree with a major in nursing from a nationally accredited institution.
- GRE Score Report - Request that your scores be sent electronically to KSU (school code 5359). No department code is necessary. Minimum scores of 153 Verbal, 144 Quantitative, and 3.5 Analytic Writing.
- Statement of Personal Goals - Can be uploaded into the online application. Should describe your personal and professional interests and goals related to nursing doctoral study. Should be 1-2 pages in length.
- Copy of Current License to practice nursing in the United States.
- Curriculum Vitae or Resume - Can be uploaded into the online application.
- Three Letters of Recommendation - Can be sent electronically through the online application.
- Course in Statistics (graduate or undergraduate) documented on transcripts. Graduate Course in Research documented on transcripts.
- Personal Interview - Will be arranged with program faculty.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
Program Director: Dr. Tommie Nelms
Program Office: 470-578-2088; email@example.com
Program Website: http://wellstarcollege.kennesaw.edu/nursing/doctor-nursing-science/overview.php