ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The sole American Studies graduate curriculum in the University System of Georgia, this program at Kennesaw State University enhances interdisciplinary, builds global learning and associated intercultural skills, and promotes civic engagement. The curriculum blends historical and place-based study with analysis of cultural products and requires to students to apply their learning in their personal and professional communities. The program is flexible, allowing students to pursue work that fits their own professional goals and interests. Our graduate program offers extensive training in scholarship and emphasizes innovative interdisciplinary approaches and collaboration among faculty and graduate students.
The program is 36 credits, including a two-semester sequence of theory and methods,
12 credits from four cluster areas, 9 hours of electives, and an applied research
project, internship or study abroad. The program concludes with a two part 6 credit-hour
capstone sequence, which can be a traditional thesis, or an applied or creative project.
Students have the option of pursuing a concentration focusing on transnational approaches
to American Studies.
APPLICATION AND DOCUMENT DEADLINES
See the list of available start terms and document deadlines here. Please note that completed applications and all required credentials must be submitted by the posted deadline.
- Online Graduate Application - There is a non-refundable $60 application fee.
- For the Fall 2018 Masters Application - use this link
- For the Fall 2018 Certificate Application - use this link
- For the Spring 2018 Masters Application - use this link
- For the Spring 2018 Certificate Application - use this link
- For the Summer 2018 Masters Application - use this link
- For the Summer 2018 Certificate Application - use this link
content and student goals. It should demonstrate the writing skills you have developed as a student and/or professional. The sample should be relevant to the field of American Studies broadly defined, and it should be refined and revised to fit within 5-7 double-spaced pages.
PROGRAM CONTACT INFORMATION
- Program Director: Dr. Rebecca Hill
- Program Office: 470-578-2431; email@example.com
- Program Website: http://amst.hss.kennesaw.edu/graduate/